Advertising and societies : global issues.
Contributor(s): Mueller, Barbara.Material type: BookPublisher: New York : Peter Lang, 2010Edition: 2nd ed.Description: xiv, 264 p. : ill. ; 26 cm. (pbk).ISBN: 9781433103858.Subject(s): Illustration and Graphic Design | Intercultural communication | Advertising-Social aspects | AdvertisingDDC classification: 659.1FRI
|Item type||Current location||Collection||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode||Item holds|
|Standard Loan Book||AUB Library Library||Book||659.1 FRI (Browse shelf)||Available||A10438|
Enhanced descriptions from Syndetics:
Now in its second edition, Advertising and Societies: Global Issues provides an international perspective on the practice of advertising while examining some of the ethical and social ramifications of advertising in global societies. The book illustrates how issues such as the representation of women and minorities in ads, advertising and children, and advertising in the digital era have relevance to a wider global community. This new edition has been updated to reflect the dramatic changes impacting the field of advertising that have taken place since publication of the first edition. The growing importance of emerging markets is discussed, and new photos are included. The book provides students and scholars with a comprehensive review of the literature on advertising and society and uses practical examples from international media to document how global advertising and global consumer culture operate, making it an indispensable research tool and invaluable for classroom use.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
International advertising and globalization -- Advertising and culture -- Advertising and economic issues -- Advertising and pollitical and regulatory issues -- Global consumer issues -- Advertising and gender -- Advertising and race -- Advertising and children -- Advertising of controversial products -- The commercialization of societies.
Table of contents provided by Syndetics
- List of Figures & Tables (p. ix)
- Preface (p. xiii)
- Chapter 1 International Advertising and Globalization (p. 1)
- Chapter 2 Advertising and Culture (p. 13)
- Chapter 3 Advertising and Economic Issues (p. 25)
- Chapter 4 Advertising and Political and Regulatory Issues (p. 53)
- Chapter 5 Global Consumer Issues (p. 79)
- Chapter 6 Advertising and Gender (p. 91)
- Chapter 7 Advertising and Race (p. 109)
- Chapter 8 Advertising and Children (p. 121)
- Chapter 9 Advertising of Controversial Products (p. 165)
- Chapter 10 The Commercialization of Societies (p. 219)
- Index (p. 249)